Thursday, September 6, 2007

One week and counting.

This is too easy. ;-)

Just kidding! I have tried to quit cold turkey at least three of four times. I tried the gum without much success. This is by far the easiest quit I've had. I'm now telling my smoking friends they need to try this medicine if they really want to quit. My insurance isn't covering it, but I did the math and right now at $122 a month I'm breaking even by not buying cigarettes, so I'm fine with it.

The NFL season starts tonight. How exciting is that? Football is by far my favorite sport. It's something I look forward to every year. Summer used to be my favorite season of the year, but now fall is my favorite season, because of football.

Problem is the first game is tonight but I have for the first time, watched Big Brother obsessively since it began. What to do? I'll have to DVR one of them I guess. I think I got hooked on Big Brother because of the whole Showtime thing. Even though it can be boring as hell, it's still pretty cool.

Enough for now.. later..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a full week! That's awesome, and the Chantix has made such a difference for me compared to past attempts. I don't watch Big Brother, but I do have a whole bunch of other shows (more than is healthy) getting ready to start soon.

Maybe Im Amazed said...

Hey Tim... Good to see you are staying on track :) You're right, it is fairly easy... I mean the urges just aren't that bad. It's 4:30pm in Jersey (where Ive been stuck the last couple of days) and I haven't taken my Chantix today... still No urges ~ of course, it's still in my system ~ but, hey... it gives me hope that I may be able to wean of this stuff a little earlier than the 12 week thing :)
Enjoy your guilty pleasure t.v. watching!