Friday, September 21, 2007

Three Weeks In.

I know it's been ten days since I've posted anything, but life has been busy.

So this past Wednesday I played in my first PGA Tour Pro-Am. Granted, I'm not that good a golfer. I usually shoot in the mid to high 90's. So going out and playing with a pro, and having a gallery of people watching me was quite nerve racking. The pro was alright. He would talk to you if you talked to him, but never went out of his way to chat it up with you. His caddie was great. Very chatty and originally from my hometown, so we had some things to talk about. Anyway, had a great smoke free time. It was pretty nerve racking, but I didn't want to smoke at all.

Work has been a little more stressful lately. We have a group of folks performing poorly, and they are looking to lay blame elsewhere so they are taking shots at my department. We have a meeting coming up this Monday with all parties, so we'll see what happens. I can certainly lob some grenades back over the wall if I have to.

So I didn't want to post anything in the blog about what I've been doing with my medication, but I'm going to anyway. When I originally got the prescription, the doctor told me because I wasn't a heavy smoker that I might feel more sick than if I was a pack+ a day smoker. I didn't feel sick really, so I kept downing two a day. At some point, I forgot to take my medication twice a day, for two days in a row but I still didn't have any cravings. I figured, let me try to save a little money and just take one a day. Well, it's working. I've been taking 1mg a day for two weeks and I still have no cravings. Let me also say, I don't recommend anyone try this at home. Just because it works for me doesn't mean it's going to work for you. Good luck everyone. Just a couple days away from my one month anniversary.

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim, so great to hear that you are doing so well and making some serious progress toward such a nice milestone. Keep going!

Maybe Im Amazed said...

Good work Tim :) I am now off the Chantix... I decided (somewhat inadvertently) while I was nearing the end of my first pack and kept forgetting to take that second pill, that I would just start the tapering off process. I cut it down to 1/2 tab for a few days and now I am completely off the med ~ for the last couple of days.
I still go back and fourth on whether or not I will have my Rx refilled... haven't decided. I have been tempted a little more the last couple of days. But, I think that has more to do with "idle hands" rather than intense craving....
Best of luck... nice to hear your hanging in there :)